INTEGRATED AMPS : Explorer 90 SI - Mercury Design 30 POWER BLOCKS : Galaxy
- Cosmos - Titan - Jupiter D/A CONVERTERS : Hermes II PREAMPLIFIER :
- Power : 2 x 60w - 8 OHMS (2 x 90w on 4 OHMS).
- Slew rate : 2,4 micro;s.
- Frequency band : 7Hz - 40kHz (-3dB).
- Signal/noise ratio : 100dB.
- 4 Inputs : 330mV/100 K ohms.
- Weight : 7kgs.
- Preamplifier section uses 1 x ECC81 Electro-Harmonix.
Current amplification is handled by a pair of complementary Mosfets (IRFP150-IRFP9140).
- Includes unity gain processor loop for audio/video processor connection, source & monitor.
- Regulated by Mosfets. Dimensions : 420 x 260 x 90mm
The Explorer has also been awarded the coverted 'Diapason D'Or' - "At
this price, the Explorer is the best French integrated ever realized."
France's Diapason magazine Oct '99
"...the designers at Kora know perfectly how to get the best out of tubes
and transistors, offering a natural reproduction that constantly 'sings'."
From November's 99 PRESTIGE AUDIO/VIDEO
"...we believe this is a very fine affair and one that has to have priority
on your 'to hear' list...you're very likely to find the answer you're looking
Haute Fidelité, November '99
Fully balanced circuit, zerofeedback, multi-tube design (no biasing involved), unique, actively loaded output design.
Conversion principle : Sigma Delta.
- 24 bit/192khz. 2 x 12AU7/ECC82.
- 100% tubes (filter & ouputs).
- 3 digital inputs : 2 COAX/1 XLR - 2 Stereo analog
100% tube (filter & output stages).
- Completely separated digital/analog supply.
- Regulated by Mosfets.
- 2 balanced output levels.
- 2 unbalanced outputs.
"You know, this beautifully open and delicate converter delivers an exemplary
level of transparence to the listening process."
Haute Fidelité, March '98
"This was the most musically satisfying DAC I’ve had the pleasure
of auditioning in my system, and one whose natural presentation bettered my
existing DAC’s by a greater margin than I thought possible."
Art Shapiro in Jan '99's audioMUSINGS
The Hermes has also been awarded the coverted 'Diapason D'Or' by French magazine Diapason
A state of the art 100w mono block that many consider unrivalled, with an aesthetic
that gives the US Air Defense a run for it's money !
The Cosmos is holographic and, above all, musical and extremely detailled.
Uses 6AS7G tube on output.
Sovtek 6AS7G x 8
- Sovtek EL84M x 4
- Sovtek 6922 x 2.
MM & MC phono stages.
unity gain loop for A/V processor connection.
separate power supply.
5 high level inputs.
unbalanced & balanced ouputs.
1 direct tube ouput.
Single-ended Class A.
Mosfet headphone output.